Android Contacts Not Showing Not syncing

Hi guys,
 Today I came cross to a most disturbing situation when I was try to save a contact in my android contact list from my call logs, everything went well when I tap on DONE (to save the contact) it keeps on loading (SAVING CONTACT). So I restart my cell (my worse discussion).

After that when the cell got restart, after every 2-3 min the contacts got hidden also in dallier i wasn't able to search anything and i wasn't able to sync it to google account, On Shutdown and Power-on contact list just showing contact list being updated. But on restart it works for 2-3 min.  Later on I understand that its because of that one corrupt contact/unsaved contact. So here are the step i took and fixed the problem.

  1. I directly unplugged the battery from my cell without selecting restart/shutdown option.
  2. Plugged in battery again and start the cell.
  3. As it started I open the contacts (at that time it was working fine) so I select import/export option and backed up my contacts to memory-card.
  4. Next step was I went to settings>apps>all apps> tapped on Contact storage (remember contact storage not contacts)  
  5. And tapped on clear data.
  6. Go to Contacts and Import contact from Memory card and restart you cell. If the problem still exists Repeat Step 4, 5 (skip step 6) and start following from 7 to onward.
  7. Connected my memory card to PC via usb cable
  8. Opened up that backed-up contact vcf file in notepad
  9. Searched for that corrupt contact (as I already know the name)
  10. Removed that contact. (Remember not to disturb the format like in my case the contact starts from VERSION: 2.1 and ends at BEGIN: VCARD.
  11. As shown below
  1. save the file
  2. Restart you cell and Import contacts from Memory card.
  3. Done enjoy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRANDING UTime Master - IDOR (CVE-2023-45393)

GRANDING UTime Master - Stored XSS (CVE-2023-45391)

Ericsson BSCS iX R18 Billing & Rating (ADMX, MX) - Stored XSS (CVE-2020-29144, CVE-2020-29145)